Monday 21 May 2018

BRAISED CHI'CKEN





DIRECTIONS

Season chicken parts with salt and black pepper. Drizzle oil on a pan and allow the pan to heat up. Lightly fry the chicken for about 6 minutes on each side or until the chicken turns brown. Keep aside for later. In a food processor pulse chilli peppers, garlic (I roasted the garlic in the oven before adding it, you can choose to skip this step), brown sugar, red pepper powder, scotch bonnet and some olive oil. In a saucepan pour this mixture over the chicken and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Just before you remove it from the heat add a tablespoon of butter and half a lemon. Stir well and serve.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh scotch bonnet would give it that flavor I really love but scotch bonnet is unavailable where I reside, would bell pepper be a good replacement or chili pepper instead. I think I would try both anyways. Your blog is really inspiring me to cook now...🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t believe I’m only bumping into your blog. You’re soo generous and straightforward with your recipes i’m in awe. Really appreciate this :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig